This course was attended by a number of surgical senior residents and surgical registrars. The session consisted of a brief morning of lectures explaining basic concepts behind enteric anastomosis and stapling devices. This was then followed by a number of practical wet specimen sessions where residents and registrars were able to practice end-to-end interrupted bowel anastomosis, side-to-side (functional end-to-end) doubled layered sutured anastomosis, side-to-side stapled anastomosis and also circular stapled anastomosis.
- Dr Anubhav Mittal (Director- Sydney Surgical Skills and Simulation Centre)
- Prof. Tom Hugh (Chair of Surgery, Northern Clinical School)
- Dr Yasser Salama (Consultant Colorectal Surgeon)
- Dr Andrew Pearson (RNSH HPB Fellow)
- Dr Chris Nahm (RNSH Surgical Fellow)